The number of users using WordPress to have their website(s) is increasing day by day. According to the statistics, there is a total of 455 million sites are using WordPress alone. So, what about the plugins?
Plugins are playing a very important role in WordPress. The truth is most beginner designers are mainly relying on plugins.
So, here we come up with some awesome plugins that every WordPress designed website must have. Millions of millions of plugins are available on the WordPress platform and other paid platforms like Envato.
All plugins we cannot able to review at this time. So, we curated the most useful plugins at this time. This list doesn’t mean other plugins does not play a vital role in the WordPress design platform.
List of 12 Must Have WordPress Plugin Recommended for Websites
Elementor is the #1 website builder for the WordPress platform. Recently the platform reached a milestone of 5+ million active users in the WordPress repository.
This popular plugin is listed as the number 1 plugin in the WordPress repository. For a new web developer, this plugin is a little difficult to understand. But, once they use it regularly, an awesome website is waiting for them without any doubt.
Pros of Using Elementor Plugin
- No coding knowledge is required. Fully drag and drop builder.
- Elementor is itself offering to host your website with priority support.
- Design your work freely. Its free plugin itself offers many customizations.
- Affordable pricing options.
Cons of Using Elementor Plugin
- Little difficult to understand at first.
- Can’t able to upload custom on the free version.
- No CSS customizations are available on the free version. But can be done with coding knowledge.
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast is a popular SEO plugin for the WordPress platform. With Yoast, one can add title, meta to pages and blogs.
Its SEO Analysis, suggest improvements based on the keyword such as key phrase density, inbound and outbound links, title optimization, image alt tags, etc.
Another Readability Analysis will check the content length, sub-heading distribution, consecutive sentences, reading difficulty, passive voice contents, transition words etc.
Pros of Using Yoast SEO Plugin
- Automatic sitemap generation and keep it updated whenever you updated the website.
- Notify you to create a redirect if you change the link of a particular webpage.
- Helps to connect with Google and Bing webmaster.
- Automatic robots.txt generation.
Cons of Using Yoast SEO Plugin
- Social previews are available only on the premium versions.
- Only 1 keyword is allowed to use on the free version per webpage.
- Connected with many third-party applications.
Rank Math SEO is the best alternative for Yoast SEO. One thing to use Rank Math plugin is it offers to use their plugin with unlimited websites at just $59 per year. But, Yoast SEO charges an equivalent price for each website.
NitroPack is a powerful website optimization tool available for WordPress, Magento, Woocommerce, and other custom build websites. It offers page speed solutions and content delivery networks to the users.
This plugin features include caching, CDN, image optimization, CSS optimization, HTML optimization, and JS optimization.
Pros of Using NitroPack Plugin
- High page speed guaranteed.
- In-built content delivery network (CDN).
- No coding knowledge is required.
- The free version offers up to 5,000 web page view optimization and 1 GB of CDN bandwidth per month.
Cons of Using NitroPack Plugin
- You will see a Nitropack footer at the bottom of your website if using the free version.
4. Classic Editor
Classic Editor is used as a major editor for previous versions of WordPress. Now, WordPress is updated with the block editor, this classic editor was replaced.
Not all users accepted the block editors because the classic editor is easy to use and can accept any kind of HTML code.
So, WordPress contributed released the Classic Editor as a plugin to enable the WordPress platform like the previous version.
Pros of Using Classic Editor Plugin
- Accepts any kind of HTML code.
Cons of Using Classic Editor Plugin
- WordPress is updated with vast functionalities. Your website looks old and doesn’t attract visitors.
- Need coding knowledge for advanced functions.
5. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 developed by Takayuki Miyoshi is the highest downloaded and used plugin in the WordPress repository. No paid options, no complaints from users, this plugin do its work perfectly.
This plugin also has AJAX powered submission method, captcha, Akismet spam filter and many more. One can integrate Constant contact, Sendinblue and stipe by using this plugin.
Pros of Using Contact Form 7 Plugin
- Free plugin.
- Contact form with simple and neat customization options.
- Integrate third-party applications without incurring charges.
- Spam filter using captcha.
Cons of Using Contact Form 7 Plugin
- Little coding knowledge is required.
WPForms is another commonly used plugin to get details using a form. Basic functions like getting names, numbers, email address, etc are only available in the free version. Its paid version allows you to get all needed features like payment integration, email collection, etc.
6. WP Mail SMTP
WP Mail SMTP allows your website to connect with the mail server to send emails from your server to the email address. Common emails are sending reset password, new account registration, site errors, etc.
Is you website didn’t send important notifications to your email address. It’s may be due to SMTP issues. Not all hosting providing access to the SMTP. You can install this plugin, configuring the setting allows you to receive emails.
Pros of Using WP Mail SMTP Plugin
- Simple steps for configuring the plugin.
- Providing support to 5+ email providers company.
- Has custom PHP option to use any emails from any providers for completely free.
Cons of Using WP Mail SMTP Plugin
- You need to provide your email credentials to send emails.
- Emails logs is available only in pro version.
7. Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan
Wordfence is a security plugin for WordPress. You just need to activate the plugin and the rest will take by the plugin itself.
This plugin blocks unauthorized access to the website, blocks IP address from accessing the website a particular amount of time, logs all security related activities, allows you to set 2FA for your account, etc.
Pros of Using Wordfence Plugin
- Free version itself offers enormous features.
- Blocks IP for a certain period of time.
- Blocks accessing site files.
- You can set 2FA for your account as an extra layer of security.
Cons of Using Wordfence Plugin
- Doing some modifications on the WordPress core files but working fine without any errors.
8. WP Socializer
WP Socializer is a social sharing plugin connected with 25+ social sharing sites. This plugin is best for bloggers, article writers and who needs to enable social sharing option on their websites.
A simple, neat, and organized buttons also allows you to customize the buttons based on your needs.
Pros of Using SP Socializer Plugin
- Well-organized buttons.
- Supports 25+ social sharing sites.
- Shortcode to display anywhere on the site.
Cons of Using SP Socializer Plugin
- Once the plugin is updated, the update logs are keeps notified to check even if close it.
9. WPS Hide Login
WPS Hide Login allows you to hide the default WordPress login page i.e wp-login.php. You can modify it to any words as your needs. Eg. https://www.example.com/wp-login.php to https://www.example.com/login.
This plugin prevents some brute force and bots attacks.
Pros of Using WPS Hide Login Plugin
- Giving a basic security to the website.
- Prevents hackers to try random usernames and passwords as the default login page results in 404 error.
Cons of Using WPS Hide Login Plugin
- Since, the default login page was hidden, you can’t login using hosting single click login option.
- You need to remember your new login address.
Forgot login page? Just deactivate the plugin from the hosting dashboard. Now, login using the default WordPress page.
10. Insert Headers and Footers
Insert Headers and Footers plugin allows you to add any codes to the website head and footer section.
some codes you can use are analytics code, website verification code, Facebook pixel code, AdSense code, etc.
Pros of Using Insert Headers and Footers Plugin
- Allows you to add any codes on the place you need whether it was on header, before body or after body.
11. 301 Redirects – Easy Redirect Manager
301 Redirects plugin is helpful to redirect one page from other either temporarily or permanently. One can also redirect webpages if the permalink was changed for a page.
This plugin paid version allows you to monitor 4o4 errors and no. of redirects visitors clicked so far.
Pros of Using 301 Redirects Plugin
- Prevents visitors landing on 404 error pages.
- Automatically redirects visitors if the keyword partially matches with the page permalink.
Cons of Using 301 Redirects Plugin
- You need to buy paid version of this plugin to monitor 404 errors and log all errors.
WooCommerce is a plugin to convert your website in to a beautiful ecommerce site within seconds of plugin activation.
With this free plugin, you can add products like variable, affiliate, and downloadable contents for sale, and integrate major payment gateway providers.
Pros of Using WooCommerce Plugin
- Perfect plugin for ecommerce website.
- You can add variable products without any difficulties.
- Easy payment integration option with all major payment gateway providers.
- You can enable coupons to allow customers purchase with a discount.
Cons of Using WooCommerce Plugin
- The default account section is simple and neat. But, if you want to change, you need to install additional plugins or have coding knowledge.
These are the 12 must have WordPress plugins website developers wish to install on their websites.
- Elementor – Best WordPress website builder
- Yoast SEO – #1 SEO Plugin
- Nitropack – Increases the page speed
- Classic Editor – For old WordPress lovers
- Contact Form 7 – Simple contact form
- WP Mail SMTP – Enables mail functions
- Wordfence – Secures your website
- WP Socializer – Classic social sharing icons
- WPS Hide Login – Hides your login address
- Insert Headers and Footers – Allows inserting any codes on any section
- 301 Redirects – For easy redirection
- WooCommerce – Best e-commerce plugin
Are you using these plugins? or found any other plugins useful? Mention it on comment section.
Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. This means if you click on some of our links, then we may earn a commission.