WhatsApp messenger application silently rolling out many features. Recently, its status feature has drawn many users all over the world. Users can able to put WhatsApp statuses as texts, images, and 30-second video formats. After 24 hours the status will automatically disappear from the status tab.
How the WhatsApp status disappears after 24 hours?
The WhatsApp application was designed in such a way that the statuses put by the users will go to all of their friends. When a user clicks the status, it will start downloading. The downloaded status will be saved within a hidden folder in the internal storage with a time period of 24 hours. After 24 hours, the file will be deleted from the internal storage by the application. When the file is deleted, the status was also deleted from WhatsApp. We are the users of WhatsApp who can’t able to stop disappearing friend’s statuses but within the time period of 24 hours can be able to save it.
Follow any one of the below two suggested methods to save your friend’s WhatsApp status.
Method 1: Using your phone’s default application.
File Manager is one of your default storage applications that stores all your files, images, audio, video, etc. Using this file manager, you can able to save the WhatsApp statuses. Follow the below steps:
- Open the default File Manager application.
- Click ‘Internal Storage’.
- Navigate to the ‘WhatsApp’ folder. Then open the ‘Media’ folder.
- Now, click the options menu located at the top right of your application. Its symbol is three vertical dots.
- Click ‘Show hidden folders’.
- A ‘.Statuses’ folder is revealed now. Open it to see all your downloaded friend’s statuses.
- Copy the favorite status and paste it into some other folder to save permanently.
Method 2: Using an external application.
MX Player is an audio and video player application. Using this application, one can forward the status to your friend’s videos, and also it has an option to put the same status again as your ‘WhatsApp’ status.
- First, download the MX Player from the play store by clicking here.
- Open the application and click the options menu located at the top right of your application. Its symbol is three vertical dots.
- Click ‘Settings’ and then ‘List’.
- Scroll down to the last and tick the Show hidden files and folders.
- Move back to the app home page. There you can see a folder named ‘.Statuses’.
- Open the folder to see all the WhatsApp video statuses.
- Long press the video to share the status to your friends or to put the same status as your WhatsApp status.
The WhatsApp status is used by maximum persons around the world. If your friend doesn’t know this, share this blog with them.